Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Here Comes The Sun

Forced to pull in another all nighter, here I am at what... 5:20 in the a.m. and only halfway done with this client's comic page; fooey on me thinking digitally illustrating would be faster, it's almost like an hour and a half per panel.

But whatever, it's gotta get done.

Came across this painter from the late 20th, courtesy of 4chan (she strikes again). Dudes name is Zdzisław Beksiński, a Polish fellow with an eye for unimaginably grim surrealism. I'd always been fond of a particular painting of his (unbeknownst to me of course, and pictured below). It's this fellow walking through a crevasse, or canyon or something, and along the walls, towering over this little guy, are menacingly ominous figures just standing there in a row. Some of which look as though they materialize from crows, others holding some kind of object or device entailing God only knows. Such a fantastic piece it is!

(I'm kinda hesitant about uploading works of others on here, but for disclaimers sake, this work of art is property of Zdzisław Beksiński; copyright whenever he painted it)













I kinda think the extended black section was done digitally, I'm not entirely sure the original piece looks this way.

After Googling the majority of his work, that painting sparked some serious creative embers in my brain. I would absolutely love to create a story in and around his paintings, I may one day take a stab at recreating imagery such as this and see if this could turn into something I could get into

Absolutely can not wait to get his book, ought to be a treat!

Issue Two of Periphery is running along fine, I've got my first day off in three weeks this Thursday! I plan on doing nothing! Maybe play Mirrors Edge some more; love me some parkour! Beyond that, nothing of great importance is happening.

Cheers to you all! And thanks for humoring me!

Seriously, I do appreciate you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment