Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Count Your Blessings...

With roughly a stone's throw away from 2014's Florida Supercon, I've found myself seemingly breathless for the forthcoming excitement. It will have been exactly a year since I've started this campaign with the help and support of close friends and fledgling followers; a year of twists and turns, a great majority of which were not planned for (as it is with most in life).

I'm anxious for what the future holds, but I should probably start paying greater attention to the now; imagine how much trouble one can find themselves in when you do nothing and expect no repercussions. Issue 3 of Periphery is going strong, getting really close to wrapping inking, and very much on schedule for Fall's release. No dates yet, don't really want to rush it.

I'll be pushing FLSC on my own this year, which is kinda overwhelming but I think I ought to be able to handle it.

NYCC definitely isn't happening (got rejected), but I'm gonna keep my eyes open for other conventions to do one last HOORAH for Periphery.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll continue to pursue being an indie comic artist once Volume One is done, so whatever convention I go to later in the year really may just be the end of it. Time will tell I guess.

Volume One is that short term culmination goal of mine that I'm ever so itching to smell, holding that book will, and I'm kind of giving away the page count for Issue 3, amount to what will be damn near 100 sequential pages of artwork! The highest I've EVER produced in my entire tenure as an artist. It really isn't anything to gloat about when put into perspective on an Industrial basis, but on my own, it's a goddamned milestone if I ever saw one.

I've had my hand in digital illustrations for a few months now, refining my skills and getting a lot of practice in to reach a small goal I've set for myself to become badass at it (I wanna get on Roxie's level but damn it'll take some work yo). Hopefully after a few more months of training I should be able to make a convincing portfolio that can open better offers for industry jobs.

Outside of all of this, it's all been another day in the fight, making the best of and adamantly pushing for greater things

Hope to see some of if not all of your dope faces at the convention!

No comments:

Post a Comment